Parishes

Histories and pictures have been received from faithful of the various parishes and in some cases have been taken from Maria Baran’s book “Ukrainian Catholic Churches of Saskatchewan”. We have now completed transcribing all of the information from the previous eparchial web site. There are approximately 180 churches, shrines and cemeteries from our eparchy listed. Thank you for your patience during this process of transcribing all the historical information from the churches of our eparchy. Please contact admin.skeparchy@sasktel.net or communications@skeparchy.org regarding the information that has been posted or to send in updated information on your parish(s).

List of Parishes

Albertown - Ss. Peter and Paul

Alticane - St.John the Baptist

Alvena Farms - Assumption of the BVM (closed)

Alvena Town - St. Michael

Antonivka - Assumption of the BVM (closed)

Arran - St. John the Baptist

Arran-Vesna -Ss. Peter and Paul

Balcarres - Holy Eucharist (closed)

Bankend - Ascension of Our Lord (closed)

Beaver Dale - Assumption of the BVM

Beckenham -Transfiguration of Our Lord (closed)

Bedfordville - St. Nicholas (closed)

Bienfait - Ss. Peter and Paul

Biggar - Sacred Heart (closed)

Birmingham - St. Paraskevia (closed)

Blaine Lake - Our Lady of Perpetual Help

Bobulynci - Transfiguration of Our Lord (closed)

Bodnari - Ss. Peter and Paul

Borshchiv - Ss. Peter and Paul

Broadview - Assumption of the BVM

Brooksby - St. Nicholas (closed)

Bruno - Assumption of the BVM (closed)

Bruno Farms - Holy Trinity (closed)

Buchach - Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Buchanan - Holy Ghost (closed)

Calder - Assumption of the BVM

Candiac - Holy Spirit

Canora - Ss. Peter and Paul

Carpenter - Ascension of Our Lord (closed)

Cecil - Holy Trinity

Chaplin-Thunder Creek - Ss. Peter and Paul

Chekhiv - Descent of the Holy Spirit (closed)

Cudworth Farms -Transfiguration of Our Lord (closed)

Cudworth - Our Lady of Sorrows Shrine

Cudworth Town - Holy Eucharist

Dana - St. John the Baptist (closed)

Dobrowody - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Dnipro (Dnieper) - Transfiguration of Our Lord (closed)

Dysart - Holy Eucharist (closed)

Erwood - Blessed Virgin Mary of Succour (closed)

Estevan - Assumption of the BVM

Fenwood - Ss. Peter and Paul

Foam Lake - Holy Eucharist

Fosston - St. John the Baptist (closed)

Glen Elder - Danbury - Holy Eucharist (closed)

Glentworth - Assumption of the BVM

Goodeve Farms - Holy Trinity (closed)

Goodeve Town - St. Michael

Grenfell - Ss. Peter and Paul

Gronlid - St. Michael (closed)

Guernsey - Holy Eucharist (closed)

Hafford - Holy Eucharist

Havryliuke (Prud'homme) - Sacred Heart

Hazel Dell - Ss. Peter and Paul (closed)

High Tor - Sacred Heart (closed)

Hodgeville - Ss. Peter and Paul

Holar - St. Demetrius

Hryhoriv - St. Demetrius (closed)

Hubbard - Holy Spirit (closed)

Hubbard - Exaltation of the Holy Cross

Hudson Bay - Holy Eucharist

Humboldt- All Saints

Hyas Village - Descent of the Holy Spirit

Insinger Farms - Ss. Peter and Paul (closed)

Insinger - St. Nicholas

Invermay - Ss. Vladimir and Olga

Ituna - Sacred Heart

Jaroslaw - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Jasmin-Doroshi - Immaculate Conception (closed)

Jasmin - Ss. Peter and Paul (closed)

Jedburgh Village - Ss. Peter and Paul (closed)

Kamsack - St.Josaphat

Kelliher - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Kelliher - St.Volodymr

Kindersley - St.John the Baptist (closed)

Kipling - Presentation of the BVM (closed)

Kovalivka-Tiny - Transfigurartion of our Lord (closed)

Krasne - St. John the Apostle

Krydor - Sacred Heart

Kulykiv - Holy Eucharist (closed)

Kuroki - Ss. Peter and Paul

Kyziv-Tiaziv - St. Demetrius (closed)

Lanigan Farms - Sacred Heart

Laniwci - Ascension of our Lord

Lipton-Herzel - Dormition of BVM (closed)

Macdowall - Descent of the Holy Spirit (closed)

Major - Patronage of the BVM (closed)

Mamornitz - Virgin of Sorrows Ruthenian Church (closed)

Maybridge - St. Nicholas (closed)

Meacham - Ascension (closed)

Meadow Lake - St. Catherine (closed)

Meath Park-Janow Corners - Assumption of the BVM (closed)

Melfort - Holy Spirit

Melville - St.George's

Model Farm - Patronage of the BVM

Montmartre - Ss. Peter and Paul

Moose Jaw - Assumption of the BVM

Nipawin farms - Ascension (closed)

Nipawin town - All Saints

Nora - Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ (closed)

Norquay - Sacred Heart

Norquay Farms - Holy Trinity (closed)

North Battleford - All Saints

Nora - Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ (closed)

Olesha - Sacred Heart of Jesus (closed)

Ormside-Ss. Vladimir and Olga (closed)

Orolow - Descent of the Holy Spirit

Parkerview - St. Nicholas (closed)

Pelly-Holy Eucharist (closed)

Peterson - Descent of the Holy Spirit (closed)

Plain View - Descent of the Holy Spirit (closed)

Podillia - Ss. Peter and Paul Cemetery - (No Church-closed)

Ponass Lake - St. Michael the Archangel (closed)

Porcupine Plain - Ss. Peter and Paul

Preeceville - Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Prince Albert - St. George

Prud'homme - St. John the Theologian

Radisson - Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Rama - Saints Peter and Paul

Regina - St. Athanasius

Regina - St. Basil the Great

Roadside Chapel near Rosthern

Rose Valley - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Rosthern - Holy Apostles SS. Peter and Paul

Rosthern Farms - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Rosthern Farms-Adamivka - Descent of the Holy Spirit (closed)

Runnymede - Ss. Vladimir and Olga (closed)

Samburg - St. John the Baptist (closed)

Saskatoon - Dormition of the Most Holy Mother of God

Saskatoon - Ss. Peter & Paul

Saskatoon - St. George's Cathedral

Saskatoon - St. Volodymyr Villa Chapel

Sheho Farms - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Sheho Village - Christ the King

Shipman Rural - Ss. Peter and Paul (closed)

Sich - St. Michael's (closed)

Smuts - St. John the Baptist

Sokal - Holy Trinity(closed)

Speers - Ss. Peter and Paul

St. Julien - Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrov) (closed)

St. Philip's - Assumption of the B.V.M. (closed)

Stenen - St. Nicholas (closed)

Stornoway Cemetery (closed-no church)

Stove Creek - St. Elias (closed)

Swan Plain - Ascension

Swift Current - St. John the Baptist

Tadmore - St. John the Baptist (closed)

Thunder Creek - Ss. Peter and Paul

Tribune - Holy Family

Tuffnell Village - Holy Trinity (closed)

Tway Farms - St. Paraskevia (closed)

Tway Town - Ss. Peter and Paul

Uhryniv - St. Nicholas (closed)

Ukrainian Park - Pike Lake - St. Volodymyr

Vasyliw - Ss. Constantine and Helena (closed)

Verigin - St. Nicholas (closed)

Vonda - Sacred Heart

Wadena - Descent of the Holy Spirt

Wakaw - Sacred Heart

Watrous - Holy Mother of God

Watson - St. George (closed)

Weekes - St. Nicholas (closed)

Welechko - Presenation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Weyburn - Holy Trinity

Whitebeech - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Whitesand - Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Whitkow - Ascension of Our Lord (closed)

Willowbrook - Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Wishart Farms - St. Michael the Archangel (closed)

Wishart Town - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Wolverine - Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Wroxton-Farms - Ss. Vladimir and Olga (closed)

Wroxton-Village - Ss. Peter and Paul (closed)

Wynyard - Sacred Heart

Yellow Creek - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Yorkton - Our Lady of Perpetual Help (St. Mary's)

Parish Bulletin/Websites Links

Yorkton Protopresbyterate (Deanery)

St. Michael’s Camp, Benito Beach, Madge Lake – Holy Eucharist Catholic Church – Summer Mass Schedule

Canora – Ss. Peter & Paul – Canora District Parishes:

Buchanan – Holy Spirit
Dobrovody – Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Hazel Dell – Ss. Peter & Paul
Hudson Bay – Holy Eucharist
Invermay – Ss. Vladimir and Olga
Preeceville – Transfiguration
Rama – Ss. Peter & Paul
Wasyliw – Ss. Constantine and Helena

 

Ituna – Sacred Heart – Ituna District Parishes

Fenwood – Ss. Peter & Paul
Goodeve Farm – Holy Trinity
Goodeve Town – St. Michael
Hubbard Town – Holy Cross
Kelliher – St. Vladimir
Melville – St. George

 

Kamsack – St. Josaphat – Kamsack District Parishes

 

Wynyard – Sacred Heart  – Wynyard District Parishes

Foam Lake – Holy Eucharist
Holar – St. Demetrius
Krasne – St. John Bohoslow
Kuroki – Ss. Peter and Paul
Ponas Lake – St. Michael’s Pilgrimage Site
Rose Valley – Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Wadena – Holy Spirit
Wishart Farms – St. Michael
Wishart Town – Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

 

Yorkton – St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Parish – Yorkton and District Parishes:

 

NOTE: We are currently working on the map – adding all of the parishes with their exact coordinates.  Thanks for your patience in this process.

Albertown - Ss. Peter and Paul

Albertown Church of SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1927 near Hafford; R.M. 435.

Alticane - St.John the Baptist

Alticane Church of St. John the Baptist constructed 1939, 5 miles west and 16 miles north of Hafford; R.M. 466.

Antonivka - Assumption of the BVM

Antonivka Church of the Assumption of the B.V.M. constructed 1906, 6 miles north ofCanora; R.M. 304.

Arran

Church of St. John the Baptist constructed 1925 in northerly Arran; R.M. 301.

Arran-Vesna church of Ss. Peter and Paul constructed 1961 near Arran; R.M. 301.

Balcarres - Holy Eucharist (closed)

Bankend - Ascension of Our Lord

Bobulynci - Transfiguration of Our Lord

Bobulynci Church of the Transfiguration constructed 1931, 20 miles north of Wadena; R.M. 367.

Beaver Dale - Assumption of the BVM

Church of the Assumption of the B.V.M. constructed 1950-1953, 4 miles south of Jedburgh; R.M. 245.

Beckenham -Transfiguration of Our Lord

Beckenham church of the Transfiguration constructed 1940-1944, 9 miles north-west of Parkerview; R.M. 246.

Bedfordville - St. Nicholas

Stanyslavtsi church of St. Nicholas constructed 1951, 10 miles south-west of Ituna; R.M. 246.

Bienfait - Ss. Peter and Paul

SS. Peter and Paul church acquired and reconstructed 1958-1962 in central Bienfait; R.M. 4.

Biggar - Sacred Heart (closed)

Biggar church of the Sacred Heart constructed 1952-1971; R.M. 347.

Birmingham - St. Paraskevia

Church of St. Paraskevia constructed 1910, 'A miles south-west of Birmingham; R.M.215.

Blaine Lake - Our Lady of Perpetual Help

Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Blaine Lake acquired in 1947; R.M. 434.

Bodnari - Ss. Peter and Paul

Bodnari church of SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1936, 7 miles north-east of Vonda; R.M. 372.

Borshchiv - Ss. Peter and Paul

Borshchiv church of SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1947, 8'A miles south of Prud'homme; R.M. 372.

Broadview - Assumption of the BVM

Brooksby - St. Nicholas

Church of St. Nicholas constructed 1912 near Brooksby; R.M. 458.

Bruno - Assumption of the BVM

Bruno church of the Assumption of the B.V.M. constructed 1970-1971; R.M. 370. 

Buchanan - Holy Ghost

Church of the Descent of the Holy Ghost constructed 1957-1958 in north-easterly Buchanan; R.M. 304.

Calder - Assumption of the BVM

Candiac - Descent of the Holy Spirit

Church of the Descent of the Holy Ghost constructed 1913, 3-1/2 miles south of Candiac; R.M. 126.

Canora - Saints Peter and Paul

Church of the Holy Apostle SS. Peter and Paul in Canora constructed 1960-1964.

Carpenter - Ascension of Our Lord

Carpenter-Hory Church of the Ascension constructed 1904, 4 miles east of Carpenter; R.M. 402.

Cecil - Holy Trinity

Church of the Holy Trinity constructed 1945-1946, 9 miles east of Prince Albert; R.M. 461.

Chaplin-Thunder Creek - Saints Peter and Paul

Church of  Ss. Peter and Paul constructed 1943-1944, 10 miles north-east of Chaplin; R.M. 194.

Chekhiv - Descent of the Holy Spirit

Chekhiv church of the Holy Ghost constructed 1906, 6 miles south-west of Preeceville; R.M. 334.

Dana - St. John the Baptist

Dana church of St. John the Baptist constructed 1945; R.M. 371.

Dnipro -Transfiguration of Our Lord

Church of the Transfiguration constructed 1931, 9 miles north of Rhein. R.M. 273.

Dysart - Holy Eucharist

Dysart church of the Holy Eucharist constructed 1957; R.M. 217.

Estevan - Assumption of the BVM

Church of the Assumption of the B.V.M. acquired 1960, located in south-easterly Estevan; R.M. 5.

Fenwood - Ss. Peter and Paul

Church of Ss. Peter and Paul constructed 1937, 3'/2 miles south-west of Fenwood; R.M. 215.

Foam Lake - Holy Eucharist

Church of the Holy Eucharist constructed 1964-1965 in central Foam Lake; R.M. 276.

Fosston - St. John the Baptist

Church of St. John the Baptist constructed 1937 in south-westerly Fosston; R.M. 367.

Glen Elder - Danbury - Holy Eucharist

GLEN ELDER — The church of the Holy Eucharist is the first church of the parish.

Glentworth - Assumption of the BVM

Church of the Assumption of the B.V.M. constructed 1926, 4'/i miles north of Glentworth; R.M.44.

Goodeve

Goodeve Farms - Church of the Holy Trinity constructed 1940, 8 miles north of Goodeve; R.M. 245.

Goodeve Town - Church of St. Michael the Archangel constructed 1934 in north-easterly Goodeve; R.M. 215.

Grenfell - Ss. Peter and Paul

Church of SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1923 in north-easterly Grenfell; R.M. 155.

Gronlid - St. Michael

Church of St. Michael constructed 1949-1951 near Gronlid; R.M. 458.

Guernsey - Holy Eucharist

Guernsey church of the Holy Eucharist constructed 1925, closed 1974; R.M. 310.

Hafford - Holy Eucharist

Church of the Holy Eucharist constructed 1917 in easterly Hafford; R.M. 435.

Havryliuke - Sacred Heart

Havryliuky church of the Sacred Heart constructed 1928, 6 miles south-east of Prud'homme; R.M. 372.

Hazel Dell - Ss. Peter and Paul

Church of the Holy Apostles SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1944-1948 in Hazel Dell; R.M. 335.

High Tor - Sacred Heart

High Tor church of the Sacred Heart constructed 1936, 18 miles south ot Porcupine Plain; R.M. 366.

Hodgeville - Ss. Peter and Paul

Church of SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1964-1969, 12 miles south-east of Hodgeville; R.M. 105.

Holar - St. Demetrius

Holar church of St. Demetrius constructed 1952, 22 miles south-east of Wynyard; R.M. 277.

Hryhoriv - St. Demetrius

Hryhoriv church of St. Demetrius constructed 1932, 10 miles south-west of Preeceville; R.M. 334.

Hubbard

Church of the Holy Spirit constructed 1910, 4 miles north-east of Hubbard; R.M. 246.

Hubbard church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross constructed 1953-1955; R.M. 216.

Hudson Bay - Holy Eucharist

Church of the Holy Eucharist constructed 1966-1967 in southerly Hudson Bay; R.M. 944.

Humboldt- All Saints

Humboldt church of All Saints constructed 1950; R.M. 370.

Hyas Village - Descent of the Holy Spirit

Church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit constructed 1954 in southerly Hyas; R.M. 303.

Insinger Farms - Ss. Peter and Paul

Church of Ss. Peter and Paul constructed 1910-1913, 5 miles north of Insinger; R.M. 275.

Ituna - Sacred Heart

Church of the Sacred Heart constructed 1963 in north-westerly Ituna; R.M. 246.

Jaroslaw - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Jaroslaw church of the Nativity of the B.V.M. constructed 1903. 9 mile.s .south-west of Yorkton; R.M. 244.

Jasmin-Doroshi - Immaculate Conception

Church of the Immaculate Conception constructed 1950, 10 miles north-west of Ituna; R.M. 246.

Jasmin - Ss. Peter and Paul

JASMIN — The church of SS. Peter and Paul is the first church of the parish.

Jedburgh Village - Ss. Peter and Paul

Church of the Holy Apostles SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1948 in Jedburgh; R.M. 245.

Kamsack - St.Josaphat

Church of St. Josaphat the Martyr constructed 1947 in central Kamsack; R.M. 271.

Kelliher - St.Volodymr

St. Vladimir church in northerly Kelliher constructed 1967; R.M. 247.

Kindersley - St.John the Baptist

Church of St. John the Baptist constructed 1944, 10 miles south and 3 miles west of Kindersley; R.M. 290.

Kipling - Presentation of the BVM (closed)

Church of the Presentation of the B.V.M. constructed in Kipling in 1916; R.M. 124.

Kovalivka-Tiny - Transfiguartion of our Lord

Kovalivka church of the Transfiguration constructed 1933, 3'/2 miles north of Tiny; R.M. 304.

Krasne - St. John the Apostle

Krasne church of St. John the Theologian constructed 1940-1941, 14 miles south of Wynyard; R.M. 30X.

Krydor - Sacred Heart

Church of the Sacred Heart constructed 1947-1948 in Krydor; R.M.435.

Kulykiv - Holy Eucharist (closed)

Kulykiv church of the Holy Eurcharist constructed 1932-1935, 7'/4 miles north of Invermay; R.M. 305.

Kuroki - Ss. Peter and Paul

Church of the Holy Apostles SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1952 in westerly Kuroki; R.M. 336.

Kyziv-Tiaziv - St. Demetrius

Tiaziv church of St. Demetrius constructed 1928, 8 miles south of Rama; R.M. 305.

Macdowall - Descent of the Holy Spirit (closed)

Church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit constructed 1946-1947 at MacDowall; R.M. 463.

Major - Patronage of the BVM (closed)

Mamornitz - Virgin of Sorrows Ruthenian Church

Maybridge - St. Nicholas

Maybridge church of St. Nicholas constructed 1944, 9 miles north-west ofArran; R.M. 331.

Meacham - Ascension

Meadow Lake - St. Catherine (closed)

Church of St. Catherine constructed 1957-1958 in south-easterly Meadow Lake; P.M. 980.

Meath Park - Assumption of the BVM (closed)

Meath Park church of the Assumption of the B.V.M. constructed 1958-1959; R.M.490.

Melfort - Holy Spirit

Church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit constructed 1954 in south-easterly Melfort; R.M. 428.

Melville - St.George's

The Church of St. George the Martyr constructed 1939 in easterly Melville; P.M. 214.

Model Farm - Patronage of the BVM

Model Farm church of the Patronage of the B.V.M. constructed 1933, '/z mile east of West Bend; R.M. 276.

Montmartre - Ss. Peter and Paul

The Holy Apostles SS. Peter and Paul church in Montmartre constructed 1950-1952 on Hwy. 16; R.M. 126.

Moose Jaw - Dormition of the BVM

Church of the Assumption of the B.V.M. constructed 1964-1965 in Moose Jaw; R.M. 161.

North Battleford - All Saints

All Saints church constructed 1949-1953 at 920-l08th St., North Battleford.

Nora - Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ (closed)

Olesha - Sacred Heart of Jesus

Olesha Church of the Sacred heart constructed 1924, 8 miles north of Buchanan; R,M.304.

Ormside-Ss. Vladimir and Olga (closed)

Church of Ss. Vladimir and Olga constructed 1944, 18 miles north-east of Preeceville; R.M. 334.

Orlow - Descent of the Holy Spirit

Orlow church of the Holy Spirit constructed 1910, 12 miles south of Krydor; R.M. 435.

Our Lady of Sorrows Shrine

Church of St. Demetrius constructed 1948 and relocated 1964 at the Shrine of Sorrow Site near Cudworth.

Parkerview - St. Nicholas

Parkerview church of St. Nicholas constructed 1944; R.M. 245.

Pelly-Holy Eucharist

Church of the Holy Eucharist constructed 1948 in westerly Pelly; R.M. 301.

Peterson - Descent of the Holy Spirit (closed)

Plain View - Descent of the Holy Spirit

Church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit constructed 1934 in Plain View; R.M. 215.

Podillia - Ss. Peter and Paul Cemetery - (No Church-closed)

Ponass Lake - St. Michael the Archangel

Church of St. Michael the Archangel constructed 1910-1911, 12 miles west and 10 miles north of Wadena; R.M. 367.

Porcupine Plain - Ss. Peter and Paul

Church of the Holy Apostles SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1970-1973 in Porcupine Plain; R.M. 395.

Prince Albert - St. George

Preeceville - Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Preeceville church of the Transfiguration constructed 1940; R.M. 334.

Rama - Saints Peter and Paul

Church of SS. Peter and Paul constructed 1936-1939 in northerly Rama on Hwy. 5; R.M. 305.

Prud'homme - St. John the Theologian

Church of St. John the Theologian constructed 1945 in north-westerly Prud'homme; R.M. 372.

Regina

Church of St. Basil the Great constructed 1959-1960 at 1747 Toronto St., Regina.

St. Athanasius the Great church and parish center project in Regina.

Rose Valley - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Rose Valley church of the Assumption of the B.V.M. constructed 1958-1960 on Hwy. 35; R.M. 367.

Runnymede - Ss. Vladimir and Olga

RUNNYMEDE — The church of SS. Vladimir and Olga was the first church of the paris.

Radisson - Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Radisson Church of the Patronage of the B.V.M. constructed 1955-1956; R.M. 405.

Buchach - Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary (closed)

Buchach church of the Patronage of the B.V.M. constructed 1913, 4 miles south-west of Hazel Dell; R.M. 335.

Translate »
EnglishFrenchUkraine