Guernsey church of the Holy Eucharist constructed 1925, closed 1974; R.M. 310.
GUERNSEY — The church of the Holy Eucharist is the first church of the parish.
The church was constructed in 1925 on a one lot site in easterly Guernsey. That year on July 28, it was blessed by Bishop Nicetas Budka and ten years later on July 28, it was honoured with an episcopal visitation by Archbishop Basil Ladyka.
The church is a wood constructed rectangular structure, 32 x 28 feet, with a small dome apexed by a cupola and cross above the frontal summit of its shingled roof. Both the exterior and interior walls are finished in narrow wood siding (v-joint) and are painted. The church is west-east oriented with an east main entrance through an adjoining porch. In the interior the church contains an elevated sanctuary with the main altar, a choir loft and wooden pews; it has candle lighting and is heated by a wood burning heater. Residents of Guernsey and the neighbouring farm settlements constructed this church when the Wolverine church, to which they originally registered, became too small to accommodate the expanding membership. The founding members of the parish were: Petro Stad-nychuk, Hryhoriy Huculak, Wasyi Harasym and Ivan Panchuk.
In 1941 the parish expanded to 22 member families with 62 children (Prop. Knyha), in 1961 there were 60 souls (Directory). From this latter date the parish faced rapid attrition as the younger members left the community and the older members expired. By 1974 the church was closed and the parish formally liquidated. The few remaining parishioners now register at the Lanigan or Wolverine parishes.
The Guernsey parish was blessed with two vocations to the Sister Servants of Mary Immaculate: Sr. Eleanor Pauline Lenyk and Sr. Hilary Olga Lenyk.
The Ukrainian Catholic parish of the Holy Eucharist at Guernsey was under the pastoral charge of Humboldt