JASMIN — The church of SS. Peter and Paul is the first church of the parish.
The church was constructed by the parishioners m 1948-1949 on a six lot site purchased for $60 in northerly Jasmin. The construction costs were covered by the private donations and voluntary labour of the parishioners who worked under the foremanship of Theodore Buchko of Ituna. The church is a wooden cruciform structure, 50 x 32 feet, with cupolas above the two frontal towers, a gable roof covered with an asphalt roofing material and imitation brick asphalt siding on its exterior walls. It is north-south oriented with a north elevated main altar and a south choir loft which partially extends over the nave. The interior is dominated by a vaulted ceiling and contains paintings which are the art work of Paul Zabolotny dating to 1953. Wooden pews in the nave provide seating for approx. 50 persons. The church has electricity and central heating. The main entrance is sheltered by a gable roof, supported by the walls of the front towers and serves as a portico-vestibule. One of the front towers is also used as a belfry; the bell was purchased from a local Roman Catholic church for $10. Bishop Andrew Roborecki visited the parish and blessed the cornerstone of the church on July 12, 1957.
Ukrainian settlers arrived in the Jasmin area in 1904 from the village ofKobylnytsia in the Rava Rus’ka county. Prior to establishment of the Jasmin parish, they belonged to neighbouring parishes. The first Divine Liturgy m the newly formed parish was celebrated in the already constructed church by Rev. Dmytro Hawry-liuk, CSSR, on July 17, 1949. At that time the parish membership consisted of 32 families. In 1967 there were 24 families and in 1975, 16 families. The parish does not have the opportunity to expand as the population of the village is constantly decreasing. The parish in 1976 was under the directorship of Rev. Simeon Ivanochko, CSSR, pastor, Steve A. Tymiak, Harry Mandziak and Robert Tymiak.
The Ukrainian Catholic parish of SS. Peter and Paul at Jasmin is under the pastoral charge of Ituna.