Kulykiv church of the Holy Eurcharist constructed 1932-1935, 7’/4 miles north of Invermay; R.M. 305.
KULYKIV — The church of the Holy Eucharist was the first church of the parish.
The church was constructed between 1932-1935 seven and one-half miles north of Invermay on a two acre site of the Peshko farm. The parish was visited by Archbishop Basil Ladyka in 1934 and Bishop Andrew Roborecki in 1956.
The rectangular structure, 36 x 24 feet, is constructed of wood and stands on a low concrete foundation. One metal cross projects above the west apex of the gable roof. The interior contains only the main altar, a choir loft and wooden pews with seating for approximately 40 persons. A flat ceiling extends over the interior structure which is lighted with candles and heated by oil. The church was constructed by voluntary labour of the parishioners directed by Rev. S. Semczuk and totalled $800 in costs. The parish cemetery is on a hill near the church. A parish hall was constructed on the church site in 1954 and sold in 1963.
The first Ukrainian settlers who arrived in this region in 1928 were predominantly from the village of Kulykiv in Ukraine and retained this name for their parish. The parish was founded by: Rev. D. Popowich, OSBM, Iv. Hryb, Hrynko Peshko, Klym Orlovsky, Iv. Radavetz, liko Chapski, Dm. Potorieko, Myk. Potorie-ko, Myk. Mula, Iv. Fidek, Mykh. Martin, Mykh. Dzura, Ivan Maksymowich, V. Puryk, Iv. Peshko, Mykh. Barteski, Yo. and Vol. Barteski, Semko Zawerucha, Iv. Lamber (senior and junior), S. Konzolka and M. Brezinski. The first holy service was served in the winter of 1928 by Rev. D. Popowich at the home of M. Brezinski. This was followed by a meeting resultant to which was the formation of the first parish executive and the adoption of a motion to construct a church. Subsequent holy services were held at the home of Iv. Hryb and Iv. Peshko. In 1941 the parish consisted of 23 members with 40 children (Prop. Knyha), and in 1961 there were 70 souls (Directory). Presently the members have joined the parish at Invermay and the church is now closed.
The Ukrainian Catholic parish of the Holy Eucharist, Kulykiv, is still under the pastoral charge of Rama.
“The old world Kulykiv — a town in the Zhovkva county near Lviv, population 2,900 prior to World War II”. (J. B. Rudnyckyj — Canadian Place Names of Ukrainian Origin).