A cross remaining on the church site and the parish cemetery.
NORA — The church of the Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
The founding members of this parish constructed the church in 1938 on a two acre site six miles west of Nora. The first Divine Liturgy in this church was celebrated by Rev. Myroslav Kolodey. Bishop Andrew Roborecki visited the faithful June 14, 1956.
The church was a small domeless wooden structure measuring 30 x 24 feet. It contained but the main altar in an elevated sanctuary, a sacristy and the nave with several pews. The faithful constructed the church for $800; chief carpenter was Maxime (Max) Leckey. A parish hall stood adjacent to the church, the parish cemetery was a short distance away in continuation of the church property.
Ukrainian settlers arrived in this area in 1933 from various parts of Canada. The founding members of the parish were: Rev. Stefan Semczuk, John Horbach, George Sorba, Paul Maryniak, John Budz, Steve Charmney, Frank Podolski, Lutch Zwarych and Bill Fedirko. The first holy services for the faithful were served by Rev. S. Semczuk and were held at the community school and also at the home of John Harbach. The parish was founded in 1936; following a Divine Liturgy celebrated by Rev. S. Semczuk at the school, the faithful conducted their first meeting, selected their first executive and resolved to construct a church. During the construction of the church, the faithful were assisted by Rev. Isidore Borecky, the present Bishop of Toronto, who commuted to Nora from the pastoral seat of Canora.
The parish was founded in 1936 by 8 founding members (families), in 1941 there were 10 member families with 39 children (Prop. Knyha). In 1960 the faithful joined the Rose Valley parish where a church was being constructed and contributed $800 to the construction fund. The church structure at Nora was sold and the parish liquidated.
The Ukrainian Catholic parish of the Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Nora, was under the pastoral charge of Wadena.