Church of Ss. Vladimir and Olga constructed 1944, 18 miles north-east of Preeceville; R.M. 334.
ORMSIDE — The church of SS. Vladimir and Olga is the first church of the parish.
The parishioners cosntructed this church in 1944 eighteen miles north-east of Preeceville. The first Divine Liturgy in the church was celebrated by Rev. Peter Pasichnyk.
The church is a single domed wood constructed cruciform structure on a concrete basement measuring 48 x 18 feet. Both the exterior and interior walls are finished with narrow wood siding. The intersecting arms of the structure are covered with a shingled gable roof which assumes a polygonal form resembling a tent above the sanctuary. In the interior the church structure contains a polygonal sanctuary with the main altar and two sacristies, and a nave. All holy images in the church are glass mounted oil prints. Lighting is by candles only, heating is by a cast iron wood burning stove. The parishioners constructed the church through their collective financial contributions and voluntary labour. The parish cemetery site is one-half mile west of the church site; both the church and cemetery site were purchased by the parishioners.
Ukrainian settlement in this area began in 1912 predominantly from the village of Mukhavka in Haly-chyna. The formation into a parish community occurred with the construction of the parish church; prior to this the settlers attended holy services at the neighbouring parishes. The founding members of the parish were:
Rev. Peter Pasichnyk, Anton (Tony) Korba, Harry Kardynal, Teodore (Fedir) Pakuliak, Wasyi Kardynal, Steve Baymak, Michael Baymak, Wasyi Romanow