Glory be to Jesus Christ!
This project is attempting to be a practical teaching resource for cantors, choir members and all congregation singers. We are using the texts as they appear in Royal Doors Liturgical Texts which is a brilliantly reliable resource which is taken from “The Divine Liturgy An Anthology of Worship”. In this endeavour we are inheriting the expertise of the Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies. The concept of this page is easy. Look at the words and listen to them, then sing along with them and finally sing it on your own. The rationale is that you can be practicing for days or weeks in advance of the Sunday or Feast. This will build your confidence and help you to sing for the Glory of God or to lead others in glorifying God with our voices.
This page shows the months the Propers are for, and when you click on the month, it opens to a list of the Sundays and Feastdays for that month.
We currently have two columns on each page. The first is with text only and the second has audio-files. The (current) collection of recorded audio files is prepared and performed by Tanya Navolska.
Soon we will be adding a third column with music so that anyone can learn to sing the Propers either by ear or by notes.
Although Saskatoon Eparchy is thinking about our own cantors, we realize that this project has national implications.
Therefore, at this time we are looking at this project on a 3 month trial “work in progress” period, asking for your input and feedback.
Please email me throughout this trial period at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback and comments. After the trial period (in November), these will be assessed and responded to.
Fr. Ivan Nahachewsky
Liturgical Propers with Audio
- October 1 – 17th Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 8, The Protection of the Most Holy Mother of God
- October 6 – The Holy and Glorious Apostle Thomas
- October 8 – 18th Sunday after Pentecost, Resurrectional Tone 1
- October 9 – The Holy Apostle James, Son of Alphaeus
- October 15 – Sunday of the Fathers of the 7th Ecumenical Council, Resurrectional Tone 2
- October 18 – The Holy Apostle and Evangelist Luke
- October 22 – 20th Sunday after Pentecost, Resurrectional Tone 3
- October 26 – The Holy and Glorious Great-Martyr Demetrius
- October 29 – 21st Sunday after Pentecost, Resurrectional Tone 4
- October 29 – Sunday of Christ the King
- September 1 – Beginning of the New Liturgical Year
- September 3 – 13th Sunday after Pentecost, Resurrectional Tone 4
- September 8 – Nativity of our Most Holy Lady, the Mother of God and Ever-Virgin Mary
- September 10 – Sunday before the Exaltation of the Cross, Resurrectional Tone 5
- September 14 – The Universal Exaltation of the Precious and Live-Giving Cross
- September 17 – Sunday after the Exaltation of the Cross, Resurrectional Tone 6
- September 24 -16th Sunday after Pentecost, Resurrectional Tone 7
- September 26 – The Passing of Holy Apostle & Evangelist John the Theologian
- September 28 – Our Venerable Father Chariton the Confessor
- August 6 – Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord
- August 13 – 10th Sunday after Pentecost; Tone 1; Leave-taking of the Feast of Transfiguration
- August 15 – The Dormition of the Most Holy Lady, the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary
- August 20 – 11th Sunday after Pentecost; Tone 2; Post-Feast of the Dormition
- August 27 – 12th Sunday after Pentecost; Tone 3
- August 29 – Beheading of the Honourable and Glorious Prophet, Forerunner and Baptist, John