Church of Ss. Peter and Paul constructed 1910-1913, 5 miles north of Insinger; R.M. 275.
Apostles SS. Peter and Paul is the first church of the parish.
Originally members of this parish attended the parish of St. Nicholas two and one-half miles south-west of Insinger. Due to the often impassable road, a new parish was established five miles north of Insinger. The founding members raised $1,000 to cover construction costs and under direction of M. Kitsul, constructed the church between 1910 and 1913. The parish was visited twice by Bishop Nicetas Budka who blessed the church on October 25, 1914. Subsequent episcopal visitations were by Bishop Neil Savaryn on September 3, 1944 and by Bishop Andrew Roborecki on September 18, 1957.
The log constructed church forms a rectangle measuring 35 x 20 feet. Its exterior is covered with boards while the interior is plastered with clay and painted white. The sanctuary is separated from the nave y an iconostas constructed by M. Kitsul; previously acquired paintings were included in its design. The church has a choir loft, wooden pews which seat approx. 30 persons, lighting by candles and heating by an oil burning stove.
The belfry, constructed near the church in 1918, measures 16 x 16 feet at its base and is used for parish meetings. A nearby mission cross was installed in 1936. Two acres of adjoining church property are used for the parish cemetery. The four acre church and cemetery site was donated by Vasyi’ Sawchuk
The first Ukrainian settlers in this area were from the Borshchiv county. Prior to the construction of a church holy services were held in private homes. Rev. A. Delaere, CSSR, celebrated the first Divine Liturgy on February 25, 1904 in the home of Ivan Haliuk. The founding members were: Rev. A. Delaere, Yakiv Oleksiuk, F. Shykhovsky, Fedor Botula, Matey Volo-shyn, Matey Zvarych (Zwarych), Vasyi’ Sawchuk, Nykola Pasovysty, Petro Snihur, S. Kostyniuk, Yakym Botula and K. Ukrainetz.
In 1941 the parish consisted of 25 families with a total of 94 children (Prop. Knyha), in 1961, 40 souls (Directory), and in 1975, 5 families remained who attend services at the church of Christ the King in Sheho.
The Ukrainian Catholic parish of SS. Peter and Paul is under the pastoral charge of Yorkton.
Insinger Farms Ss. Peter and Paul Cemetery
Insinger Farms Ss. Peter and Paul Church
Yorkton District Parishes - Bulletins & Website
Yorkton and District Parishes - Praznyks & Cemetery Services - 2016
[table id=8 /]
Yorkton Protopresbyterate (Deanery)
Telephone: (Res) 306-563-5148
Buchach, Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Buchanan, Holy Spirit
Chekhiv, Descent of the Holy Ghost
Dobrowody, Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Hazel Dell, Ss. Peter & Paul
Hryhoriv, St. Demetrius
Hudson Bay, Holy Eucharist Parish
Invermay, Ss. Vladimir and Olga
Kovalivka (Tiny), Transfiguration of Our Lord
Kyziv-Tiaziv, St. Demetrius
Olesha, Sacred Heart of Jesus
Rama, Ss. Peter & Paul
Vasyliw (Wasyliw), Ss. Constantine and Helena
Kamsack, St. Josaphat
(Res)119 Nicholas Street,
Box 1628, Kamsack, SK S0A 1S0
Arran-Vesna, Ss. Peter and Paul
Benito, MB, Descent of the Holy Spirit
Bobulynci, Transfiguration of Our Lord
Dnipro (Dnieper), Transfiguration of Our Lord
Kuroki, Ss. Peter & Paul
Madge Lake-St. Michael’s Camp – Holy Eucharist
Maybridge, St. Nicholas
Swan River, MB, Ascension of Our Lord
Wadena, Descent of the Holy Spirit
Whitesand, Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Willowbrook, Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Malowany, Rev. Basil
Administrator Ituna and Wynyard Districts
Ituna, Sacred Heart
(Res) Box 340,
Ituna, SK S0A 1N0
Telephone: 306-795-2411; Cell: 306-540-5102
Bedfordville (Stanyslavstsi), St. Nicholas
Fenwood, Ss. Peter & Paul
Goodeve Farm, Holy Trinity
Goodeve Town, St. Michael
Hubbard, Holy Spirit
Melville, St. George