Maybridge church of St. Nicholas constructed 1944, 9 miles north-west ofArran; R.M. 331.
MAYBRIDGE — The church of St. Nicholas is the second church of the parish.
The first church was constructed in 1918 on a two acre site eight miles north and one and a half miles west of Pelly. In 1940 this church was destroyed by fire; in 1944 the parishioners constructed the present church on the same site. Bishop Andrew Roborecki visited the church and the faithful in 1956 and 1965.
The church is a wood constructed rectangular structure with two frontal towers apexed by cupolas. It stands on a low concrete basement; its walls are finished in painted wood siding and contain rectangular windows; the roof is gable in form and shingled. The church is west-east oriented with an east main entrance sheltered by a small roof shelter porch. The west elevated sanctuary has a north adjoining porch with an exit to the church grounds. Directly behind the main altar hangs an oil on canvas church patron painting, St. Nicholas (unsigned); the two nave holy images of the Holy Mother of God and Christ Who Loves Mankind, which are found on corresponding sides of the sanctuary, are glass mounted oil prints. The interior walls and vaulted ceiling are finished in donnacona while the church floor is constructed of wood. The church contains wooden pews seating approx. 40 persons; it is lighted by candles only and heated by a wood burning heater. The parishioners constructed the church through their financial donations and voluntary labour as well as the fire insurance funds received for the first church. In continuation of the church site lies the parish cemetery.
The first Ukrainian settlers arrived in this area in 1908 from Halychyna and Volhynia. The founding members of this parish were: Rev. Peter Kryworuchka, the Hubic family, the Ladubec family, Dmytro Perepe-liuk, Stefan Chorniuk (Chornook) and Nykola Todoruk.
In 1941 the parish had a membership of 14 families with 20 children (Prop. Knyha), in 1961, 20 souls (Directory), and in 1975, 6 families were accounted for. In 1976 the parish was under the directorship of: Rev. Zdzislaw Karcz, MSF, pastor, Michael Dedio, Michael Haydamacha, Michael Chornook, Olga Ladubec and Mary Dedio.
The Ukrainian Catholic parish of St. Nicholas, Maybridge, is under the pastoral charge of Arran.
Maybridge St. Nicholas Church and Cemetery
Kamsack District Parishes - Bulletins & Website
Yorkton Protopresbyterate (Deanery)
Telephone: (Res) 306-563-5148
Buchach, Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Buchanan, Holy Spirit
Chekhiv, Descent of the Holy Ghost
Dobrowody, Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Hazel Dell, Ss. Peter & Paul
Hryhoriv, St. Demetrius
Hudson Bay, Holy Eucharist
Invermay, Ss. Vladimir and Olga
Kovalivka (Tiny), Transfiguration of Our Lord
Kyziv-Tiaziv, St. Demetrius
Rama, Ss. Peter & Paul
Vasyliw (Wasyliw), Ss. Constantine and Helena
Kamsack, St. Josaphat
(Res)119 Nicholas Street,
Box 1628, Kamsack, SK S0A 1S0
Arran-Vesna, Ss. Peter and Paul
Benito, MB, Descent of the Holy Spirit
Bobulynci, Transfiguration of Our Lord
Dnipro (Dnieper), Transfiguration of Our Lord
Kuroki, Ss. Peter & Paul
Madge Lake-St. Michael’s Camp – Holy Eucharist
Swan River, MB, Ascension of Our Lord
Insinger Farms, Ss. Peter & Paul
Jedburgh Village, Ss. Peter and Paul
Plain View, Descent of the Holy Spirit
Whitesand, Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Wroxton-Farms, Ss. Vladimir and Olga
Malowany, Rev. Basil
Administrator Ituna and Wynyard Districts
Ituna, Sacred Heart
(Res) Box 340,
Ituna, SK S0A 1N0
Telephone: 306-795-2411; Cell: 306-540-5102
Bedfordville (Stanyslavstsi), St. Nicholas
Fenwood, Ss. Peter & Paul
Goodeve Farm, Holy Trinity
Goodeve Town, St. Michael
Hubbard, Holy Spirit
Hubbard Town, Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Kelliher, St. Vladimir the Great
Kelliher, Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Melville, St. George