Parkerview church of St. Nicholas constructed 1944; R.M. 245.
PARKERVIEW — The church of St. Nicholas isthe first church of the parish.
The parish was established in 1943 by ten founding families. They purchased a two acre village site for $50 and in 1944, under the direction of Rev. Dmytro Hawryliuk, CSSR, constructed a church. Bishop Andrew Roborecki blessed the church on August 19, 1964.
The church is a wooden rectangular structure measuring 40 x 20 feet. In the interior it contains an east elevated sanctuary with the main altar and one adjoining sacristy, and a west choir loft which is directly above the vestibule and main entrance. A vaulted ceiling dominates both the sanctuary and nave. Seating capacity of the church is for approx. 50 persons. Candles are used for lighting and the church is heated with a wood burning stove.
Near the church stands a wooden cross commemorating the Holy Mission of 1961. The wooden belfry nearby was constructed in 1950 and contains a bell purchased by the parishioners for $100; the base of the belfry is used for parish meetings, family and social gatherings. One acre of the site serves as the parish cemetery.
Ukrainian settlers arrived in this area in 1907 predominantly from the village of Khotynets in the Yavoriv county. The first Divine Liturgy in the parish was celebrated by Rev. Dmytro Hawryliuk, CSSR, on March 24, 1943 at the home of Mykhaylo (Michael)
Ladyka. In 1961 the parish consisted of 53 souls (Directory), in 1967 there were 50 souls (questionnaire), and in 1975 the parish registered 10 families and 2 single members. In 1976 the parish was under the directorship of; Rev. Stephen S. Shawel, CSSR, pastor, Matt Zuchkan, Steve Byblow, John Kenc, Taras Beresny and Mike Lytwyn.
The Ukrainian Catholic parish of St. Nicholas at Parkerview is under the pastoral charge of Yorkton
Parkerview St. Nicholas Cemetery
Parkerview St. Nicholas Church
Yorkton District Parishes - Bulletins & Website
Yorkton Protopresbyterate (Deanery)
Buchach – Patronage of the B. V. M.
Buchanan – Holy Spirit
Chekhiv – Descent of the Holy Ghost
Dobrowody – Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Hazel Dell – Ss. Peter & Paul
High Tor – Sacred Heart
Hryhoriv – St. Demetrius
Invermay – Ss. Vladimir and Olga
Kovalivka (Tiny) – Transfiguration of Our Lord
Kyziv-Tiaziv – St. Demetrius
Preeceville – Transfiguration
Rama – Ss. Peter & Paul
Vasyliw (Wasyliw) – Ss. Constantine and Helena
Weekes – St. Nicholas
Kamsack, St. Josaphat
(Res)119 Nicholas Street,
Box 1628, Kamsack, SK S0A 1S0
Benito, MB, Descent of the Holy Spirit
Bobulynci - Transfiguration of Our Lord
Dnieper (Dnipro), Transfiguration of Our Lord
Kuroki – Ss. Peter & Paul
Madge Lake-St. Michael’s Camp – Holy Eucharist
Swan Rivier, MB, Ascension of Our Lord
Malowany, Rev. Basil
Ituna, Sacred Heart
(Res) Box 340,
Ituna, SK S0A 1N0
306-795-2411; Cell: 306-540-5102
Bedfordville (Stanyslavstsi) – St. Nicholas
Fenwood - Ss. Peter & Paul
Goodeve Farm - Holy Trinity
Goodeve Town - St. Michael
Hubbard – Holy Spirit
Hubbard Town - Holy Cross
Kelliher - St. Vladimir the Great
Kelliher – Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Administrator, Wynyard District
Ituna, SK S0A 1N0