- About the Eparchy
- Bishops of Our Eparchy
- Bishop-Elect Michael Smolinski, C.Ss.R.
- Catholic Hierarchy - Eparchy of Saskatoon - Historical Details and Statistics for our Eparchy
- Clergy and Religious
- Communications Office
- EPC - Eparchial Pastoral Council
- Faith In Action – Annual Eparchial Appeal
- Finance Office
- Human & Environmental Development
- Marriage Tribunal
- Policies and Procedures
- Safeguarding Policy: Covenant of Care, Electronic Communication and Technology & Abuse and Misconduct Policy
Eparchial Covenant of Care Abuse and Misconduct Policy
EPARCHY OF SASKATOON
VIBRANT PARISHES: COVENANT OF CARE
ABUSE AND MISCONDUCT PROTOCOL
Declared October 1, 2016
FEAST OF THE PROTECTION OF
THE MOST HOLY THEOTOKOS &
YEAR OF MERCY
Ratified November 1, 2016
Promulgated December 9, 2016
FEAST OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
by Most Reverend Bryan Bayda, CSsR
Eparch of Saskatoon
This Covenant of Care is a code of conduct which is designed to create safe and respectful church communities and healthy ministerial relationships, and to protect people from abuse and the harm that results
Patriarch Sviatoslav Shevchuk in his Pastoral Letter (Dec. 2, 2011) states that the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church functions on the principles of “The Vibrant Parish – a place to encounter the living Christ” — working to build communities that are rooted in love. We hereby affirm that in order to maintain these vibrant communities that proclaim and follow Christ, it is imperative to build on a foundation of trust. This Covenant of Care is a code of conduct which is designed to create safe and respectful church communities and healthy ministerial relationships, and to protect people from abuse and the harm that results. This protocol strives to provide proactive protection for:
- children, youth and vulnerable adults, and
- those who minister, including clergy, employees and church volunteers.
The Abuse and Misconduct Protocol is designed to ensure that allegations of physical and sexual abuse and other misconduct are handled responsibly, transparently and with all due care and attention.
To speak to someone about a concern related to the Covenant of Care, please contact Deb Larmour, Eparchial Coordinator of Care at 306-653-0138 ext. 228; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.