The funding for this workshop is provided by the Ukrainian Catholic Foundation of Saskatchewan and the Eparchy of Saskatoon, through the Annual Eparchial Appeal initiative.
Father John Sianchuk, CSsR, will be conducting this 2-day workshop Friday, February 7 (6:30-9:30 pm) and Saturday, February 8 (8:30 am – 9:00 pm). This workshop is intended for cantors seeking refresher/more
detail on course offerings, and lead singers who are seeking the knowledge to become cantors in their parishes.
Limited space of 40 participants.
Workshop Content – in English
- Samohlasni Tones
- Funeral Divine Liturgy
- Parastas Service
- Panakhyda Service
- Pre-Sanctified Divine Liturgy
(If you require instruction in Ukrainian, please contact Andrea Swann, email address listed below)
Material Provided with the Workshop
- Books with musical notation for the material covered
- Music for the material covered
- Participants who require CDs, Fr. John will provide
- Participants who provide their own USB, Fr. John will transfer all music to the USB (recommended for participants to provide a USB with 32 GB)
- Participants who attended the June 2019 workshop, should bring previously provided USB.
- Friday, February 7
- 6:30 p.m. – Arrival
- 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Session 1
- Saturday, February 8
- 8:30 a.m. – Divine Liturgy
- 9:15 a.m. – Continental Breakfast
- 9:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Session 2
- 12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch (cold)
- m. – 3:00 p.m. – Session 3
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. – Break
- 3:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Session 4
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Supper (hot)
- 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Session 5
Full details and registration forms are also available on the:
- Ss. Peter & Paul Church website: www.sspp.ca
- the Eparchial website: www.skeparchy.org
- by contacting Andrea Swann by email at: email@example.com
- or by contacting your parish priest or parish office.
Deadline for Registration: Wednesday, January 22nd – NO registrations will be accepted postmarked after January 22nd!