- Bishop Andrew Roborecki Foundation
- Knights of Columbus Councils
- Knights of Columbus - 4th Degree Assemblies
- St. Volodymyr’s Ukrainian Catholic Park Board & Park Booking
- Ukrainian Catholic Brotherhood of Canada (UCBC)
- Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League of Canada (UCWLC)
- Ukrainian Catholic Church Camps of Saskatchewan Inc. (St. Michael’s Camp Board)
St. George’s Knights of Columbus Council No. 8655 Prince Albert
St. George’s Knights of Columbus were Chartered in 1985, with 35 Chartered Knights. We now have 58 members plus we just initiated 2 more Knights, for a total of 60. We are a very busy council, raising funds for our church, and other charities.
Over our 27 years of existence we have raised over 300,000.00 for various charities.
Some of the charities we have sponsored are as follows:
- PA Ukrainian Dance festival
- Seminary in Ottawa
- PA Youth travel club
- KofC Charitable foundation
- Scholarships to our Parish youth
- Sask. Catholic health
- Ukr. Catholic Eparchy
- Mont St. Joseph’s care home
- Habitat for Humanity
- KofC Games
- Two miles for Mary-Senior Transportation
- PA Catholic Education foundation
- PA Catholic family services
- Special Olympics Torch Run
- Various church projects
- Lay formation
- Also donations to the Lung ,heart & stroke, Diabetes, Brain injury, Cancer research, etc
We have been very fortunate to support these organizations with our members volunteering many hours working and raising necessary funds. Our council takes our Values of Charity, Unity, Fraternity, and Patriotism to heart.
Some other information about council are as follows:
- We hold our meetings every 4th Tuesday of the month except July and August.
- In between we hold an executive meeting for preparation to the Regular Meetings
- We hold a Parish brunch on the first Sunday of each month except July and August. There is a nominal charge to offset the grocery costs.
- We also initiated a coffee, juice and cookies after each Sunday Liturgy. This fellowship activity and the Brunch help build community and create a comfortable setting for parishioners to become more familiar with each other.
- We do some BBQ’s during the summer. We start of with a Parish BBQ after a mid June Liturgy, this is in appreciation to the Parishioners for supporting our Projects. We also go to various businesses and do more fundraising holding BBQ’s .
- We sell Charity appeal tickets, Grey-cup pool tickets.
- Our council sponsors various socials such as Christmas Parties, Grey-cup parties, St. Nick’s social and some Prince Albert District 17 get togethers, etc.
We are fortunate to have excellent facility to do all our activities. We have a beautiful church, Parish hall complete with a kitchen ,dining room, a dance floor and also a meeting room we call the Knights of Columbus hall.