Ref. # 0032
March 6, 2023
To the Clergy, Religious and Faithful of the Eparchy of Saskatoon:
Glory be to Jesus Christ!
In an attempt to be responsible stewards and to balance the budget of the Eparchy by 2024 and beyond, following discussions by the clergy and College of Consultors, decisions were made to reduce expenses in 2023. Decisions to date are:
- The Data Management System will be allowed to lapse at the end of the current contract year, expiring on February 2, 2024. This means that the Foundation will continue using the current system for the 2023 Annual Eparchial Appeal which includes issuing income tax receipts in January of 2024. The Foundation will research and employ a less expensive system in the future. All other uses of the current DMS system will immediately revert to manual systems that have been employed in the previous years.
- The position of Assistant to the Chancery Office will end on August 31, 2023. His work as of late included three aspects: DMS coordinator, Administration and Stewardship. DMS is no longer required. Other projects have been completed, will be continued or will be deprioritized.
- The position of Youth Ministry Coordinator, will end as of August 31, 2023. Some of the projects will be re-evaluated for the future to see if they can continue through volunteer efforts.
- The Family Life Office will be vacated effective March 15, 2023.
- Safeguarding duties will be reassigned.
- The position of Chancellor will cease to be funded by the Eparchy as of August 1, 2023 when new clergy assignments will be effected.
It is clear that these decisions are very significant and have not been made lightly. Let us use the weeks of Holy Lent to process these decisions and charitably discuss these matters. If you would like further information you may contact Fr. Janko Kolosnjaji, Vicar General, at 306-664-3459 or Fr. Ivan Nahachewsky, Chancellor, at 306-961-1390 or your parish priest.
Issued by the Eparchy of Saskatoon