601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0C9
QUEEN’S HOUSE RETREAT AND RENEWAL CENTRE welcomes you!
Our fall programming combines in-person and online events using Zoom.
Please visit our webpage for a list of all upcoming programs: http://www.queenshouse.org/?page_id=4399
Nourish Your Mind and Nurture Your Spirit at Queen’s House!
For inquiries/additional information contact Sarah Donnelly, Programming Director: 306-242-1916 x226.
Queen’s House has re-opened our doors to groups who have arranged to use our facility – we would love to see you. For individual retreats or dropping by the centre for personal prayer, please call us to inquire about what can be arranged. I invite your parishioners/congregation members to consider enjoying a time of individual retreat (for any length of time) from Thursday November 26, 7pm to Sunday November 29, 4pm. Please see https://qh.retreatportal.com/events/f?p=101:2:10255960559735::::PROGRAM_ID:9976 for additional information.
Our programming formats have significantly changed – while we will be offering occasional programs in-person at the retreat centre, following all safety protocols, much of our programming will be offered through Zoom. We now have our retreats and workshops planned and posted until the end of 2020.
Thank you for supporting the programming being offered at Queen’s House. We welcome your suggestions for additional topics and events. Queen’s House is committed to serving the ecumenical Christian community in Saskatchewan and beyond by offering a quiet, nourishing space where people can come to be renewed. In addition to a wide variety of programs Queen’s House offers meeting space that is ideal for parish council/vestry/church board meetings, days away, and congregational/parish retreats. Please contact us at 306-242-1916 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Nourish your Mind – Nurture your Spirit!
Peace to you,
Queen’s House Retreat & Renewal Centre
Office Hours: Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- CENTERING PRAYER –– all are welcome to gather in-person at Queen’s House or virtually on Zoom on Monday evenings, 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. Paul Fachet, OMI will provide leadership and guidance for these gatherings, and additional insights regarding contemplation and centering prayer from the great teachers will be part of every evening. No fee – donations to Queen’s House welcome. Register online to receive the Zoom invitation/let us know that you will be coming in person. This group does not meet on holiday Mondays – next gathering Monday November 23. Registration deadline: November 23, 12pm. Call 306-242-1916 for further information.
- FOUNDATIONS OF SPIRITUAL COMPANIONSHIP: An Introductory Training Program for Those Wanting to be a Compassionate Presence with Others – a Zoom gathering. Facilitator: Julie Bergen, a CASC certified Spiritual Care Practitioner and Supervisor-Educator with experience in the provision of spiritual care in acute care and long-term care settings. Currently, Julie facilitates the Clinical Pastoral Education program at St. Paul’s Hospital in Saskatoon, SK. This four-session program provides an opportunity to develop your skills in listening and spiritual companionship. Learn how to walk alongside others on their journey, supporting them through your listening presence. This inter-faith program is for those who wish to volunteer in the community, provide care within their faith-group, or further develop their supportive presence with those they encounter. This interactive training will provide skills, discussion, and small-group interaction as we practice active listening, attend to feelings, and focus on providing a compassionate presence to others. Zoom gatherings on Wednesday evenings, November 18, 25, December 2, 9, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Cost: $80/4 sessions. Registration deadline: November 16.
- TRANSITIONS: YOUR JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION THROUGH GRIEF AND LOSS – an in-person retreat with Sarah Donnelly. Participants will have bedrooms with private bathrooms. Welcoming those who have experienced a wide range of losses including the death or anticipated death of spouse, partner, child, family member or loved one; the loss of good health in themselves or someone they love; the loss of a job or underemployment; retirement from a much-loved career; and the ending or deep wounding of a marriage, significant relationship or friendship. Thursday November 26, 7:00 p.m. – Sunday November 29, 1:00 p.m. Cost: $525 – program, bedroom and all meals. Maximum of 9 participants – register by calling Sarah at 306-717-3707 by November 23.
- NURTURING BODY AND SOUL: ENJOY A TIME OF SILENCE AND STILLNESS – Come for one or more days for an individual retreat. Private bedrooms with full bathrooms and dayrooms (8am-8pm) available for you to enjoy. Book yourself into a room for any length of time from Thursday November 26, 7:00 p.m. to Sunday November 29, 4:00 p.m. See website or call Mona at 306-242-1916 x222 for more details as you plan some time to connect with yourself and God…and enjoy someone else’s cooking! Registration deadline: November 25
- WAITING…CREATIVELY: PRAYING WITH ART IN ADVENT – with art therapist Sr. Felicitas Drobig, OSU. Advent is a time of waiting. Do you wait in anticipation to celebrate the birth of Christ or do you wait fretfully, worried about all you have yet to do? Take some time out to join us for two evenings or mornings of art-making, creatively exploring your response to waiting for the Messiah. An in-person series following all physical distancing protocols at Queen’s House. All materials supplied. No experience necessary. Tuesdays, December 1 & 8, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m., repeated Wednesdays, December 2 & 9, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. Cost: $60/2 sessions. A minimum of 6 participants are needed to offer each series. Registration deadline: November 30.
- WOMEN IN MINISTRY – This invitation goes out to all women, lay and ordained, who are employed in professional ministry (parish/congregational, chaplaincy, diocesan, educational, retreat facilitation, spiritual direction), those who are retired from an employed ministry position, and those studying for professional ecclesial ministry. The main purpose for these lunches is to create an informal relational space where women working professionally in ministry can connect across denominational lines and form networks of friendship, communication, and support. No fee – donations to Queen’s House welcome. Zoom gathering on Friday December 4, 12 – 1:00 p.m. Registration deadline: December 3.
- GIVE ME JESUS: ASKING, EXPECTING & RECEIVING THIS ADVENT – An Advent online retreat series with Leah Perrault. What does it mean to long for Jesus during Advent, let alone during a global pandemic? How do we enter into God becoming human, in our own flesh and blood? Join Leah as we rest gently into the asking, expecting, and receiving of Jesus this Advent. Saturday mornings, December 5, 12 & 19, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. Cost: $45/3 sessions. A minimum of 20 participants are needed to offer each series. Registration deadline: December 2.
- KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS BROTHERS’ KEEPERS BREAKFASTS – Second Tuesday morning of each month beginning at 7:00 a.m. with breakfast at 8:00 a.m. Tuesday December 8. Please note that men of all denominations are welcome. Suggested donation of $10 / gathering. To register call 306-242-1916.
- WHO AM I? Discovering Yourself is Life’s Greatest Adventure – A Retreat for Women with Lynn Gow. Tuesday evenings, January 12, 19 & 26, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. repeated Saturday mornings, January 16, 23 & 30, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. offered on Zoom. ‘Who Am I?’ is a time to stop, reflect and look inside yourself with a new lens. In a time of significant change, knowing ourselves and our core values helps to focus us on where we need to spend our energy to become the people we were created to be. Cost: $90/all sessions. A minimum of 9 participants are needed to offer these programs – registration deadline: January 11.
- Do You Need a Place to Stay or Meet? Consider Queen’s House!
To inquire about booking space at Queen’s House, contact:
⇒ Bookings Coordinator: 306-242-1925/email email@example.com
• We are following all safety protocols as we gradually re-open to the public. We miss you, and hope to see you soon!