601 Taylor Street W, Saskatoon, SK S7M 0C9
QUEEN’S HOUSE RETREAT AND RENEWAL CENTRE welcomes you! Our programming combines in-person and online events using Zoom.
Please visit our webpage for a list of all upcoming programs: http://www.queenshouse.org/?page_id=4399
Nourish Your Mind and Nurture Your Spirit at Queen’s House!
For inquiries/additional information contact Sarah Donnelly, Programming Director: 306-242-1916 x226.
- CENTERING PRAYER – all are welcome to gather in-person at Queen’s House or virtually on Zoom on Monday evenings, 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. Paul Fachet, OMI will provide leadership and guidance for these gatherings, and additional insights regarding contemplation and centering prayer from the great teachers will be part of every evening. No fee – donations to Queen’s House welcome. Register online to receive the Zoom invitation/let us know that you will be coming in person. Next gathering: Monday April 19. Registration deadline: April 19, 12pm. Call 306-242-1916×222 for further information.
- WOMEN IN MINISTRY – This invitation goes out to all women, lay and ordained, who are employed in professional ministry (parish/congregational, chaplaincy, diocesan, educational, retreat facilitation, spiritual direction), those who are retired from an employed ministry position, and those studying for professional ecclesial ministry. The main purpose for these lunches is to create an informal relational space where women working professionally in ministry can connect across denominational lines and form networks of friendship, communication, and support. No fee – donations to Queen’s House welcome. Zoom gathering on Friday May 7, 12 – 1:30 p.m. Registration deadline: May 6.
- KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS BROTHERS’ KEEPERS BREAKFASTS – Second Tuesday morning of each month. In this time of restrictions regarding personal gatherings and meals served, please contact Brendan for additional details: 306-242-1916 x225
- AN IMAGINATION PILGRIMAGE FOR THE SOUL: Knitting our Lives into the Sacred Landscape of the Earth – a four-part zoom retreat series with Marg Janick-Grayston. Mondays, May 17 – June 7, 1:00 – 4:30 p.m. Although some pilgrims have wandered continuously with no fixed destination, pilgrims more commonly seek a sacred place that deepens their connection with the divine. Over the years people have found spiritual connection by lakes, at vistas, on mountains, and in sacred gardens. During this time when travel has become challenging, this retreat invites us to take an IMAGINARY pilgrimage across Canada, in the company of others. As we journey together, we will reflect upon what a pilgrimage for the soul is and ways that the natural landscapes we encounter under God’s clear blue sky might ruminate with our lives and connect us spiritually. Cost: $120. The retreat is limited to 12 participants. Contact Marg to register: firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline: May 10.
- SELF-EXPLORATION THROUGH THE ENNEAGRAM AND THE MANDALA – On Zoom: Wednesday evenings, May 19, 26, June 2 & 9, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. This four-part class is unique in that it pairs the enneagram with the mandala in an integrative approach to self-exploration and transformation through lecture, group discussion, and your creative expression in the mandala portion of the class. Cost: $90/4 sessions. Registration limited to 16 participants – deadline May 17. .
SPIRITUAL DIRECTION: If you are interested in having a mentor and companion to accompany you on your spiritual journey contact Sr. Adeline Behm: 306-242-1916 x228 / email email@example.com or visit our website http://www.queenshouse.org/?page_id=463 to see a list of our affiliated spiritual directors. In-person and online meetings are available.
We hope to be welcoming groups to Queen’s House in the coming months and are following closely the direction of the provincial health authorities. Please contact us soon to discuss how your groups can book meeting room space with us: 306-242-1916. For individual retreats or dropping by the centre for personal prayer, please call us to inquire about this possibility.
Our programming formats have significantly changed – while we will be offering occasional programs in-person at the retreat centre in the coming months, following all safety protocols, most of our programming will be offered through Zoom.
Thank you for supporting the programming being offered at Queen’s House. We welcome your suggestions for additional topics and events. Queen’s House is committed to serving the ecumenical Christian community in Saskatchewan and beyond by offering a quiet, nourishing space where people can come to be renewed. In addition to a wide variety of programs Queen’s House offers meeting space that is ideal for parish council/vestry/church board meetings, days away, and congregational/parish retreats. Please contact us at 306-242-1916 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Queen’s House Retreat & Renewal Centre
[Office Hours: Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays]